The holidays are upon us, and on behalf of the OAUG Customer Support Council, we wish you all a happy holiday and new year.
2016 was an exciting year, with many wonderful contributions to and from our members and Oracle. Our relationship with Oracle has never been stronger! We have taken the opportunity in this edition to highlight some of our accomplishments over the past 12 months or so. It’s a long list, and we are proud of what we were able to do.
Thanks to an engaged council, and contributions from Oracle and other OAUG members, we have had a positive impact on the community, an impact that we all can be proud of. Thank you all very much for your efforts to make everyone’s lives better and more productive.
As 2016 comes to a close, I wish to express my sincerest gratitude for the chance to serve all of you and personally want to thank Kaberi Nayak and Cindy Force for their wonderful support. At the conclusion of 2016, I will be stepping down as chair, and Kaberi has graciously accepted to take the lead for the next two years. I do plan on continuing to serve on the council and other opportunities within the OAUG. It has been an honor and privilege to be associated with this group.
Thank you again, and thank you, Kaberi, for your willingness to serve.
By Joe Imbimbo, Alex Tomovici and Doug Hahn
The OAUG Customer Support Council assists members in understanding and using Oracle Support tools, training and resources. The council also shares members’ challenges and concerns with Oracle Support. This influential group provides value to OAUG members by:
- Protecting members’ investments in Oracle Applications.
- Keeping members up to date on tools, resources and education.
- Cultivating channels of open communication with Oracle Support.
- Continually working with Oracle to improve the My Oracle Support (MOS) portal and simplify the overall support process.
Over the past year, the council has worked on behalf of OAUG members in a number of ways:
Council members contribute their knowledge and expertise:
Oracle Support constantly strives to provide its users with the tools that empower customers to proactively diagnose and solve problems or that may be used in a service request to enable the Oracle Support engineers with the information they require to determine action plans. The Customer Support Council assists by evaluating these tools and providing feedback for improvements prior to their release.
Get tips for using Oracle Support tools via OAUG ProTips: Take 5 videos:
"By getting rid of that workflow history, I can concentrate on what I need to work on right now." – Dana Witthar, Burns & McDonnell.
Support Identifier Groups
"Consolidated reporting, streamlined efficiencies and better control over our interactions with Oracle provided huge benefits and cost savings for us."
– Doug Hahn, Invesco
"Submitting enhancements in the My Oracle Support Community allows users to submit enhancement requests and vote on the enhancement requests that are currently available. This gives Oracle Development insight into what user organizations want to see from the product."
– Alyssa Johnson, Keste, and OAUG Board of Directors
Interaction with the user community:
The Customer Support Council engages other professional communities to extend its reach and represent the broadest base of users.
- We collaborated with the Young Professionals Forum via an OAUG eLearning session. (Listen to the recording.)
- During COLLABORATE 16, conference attendees had the opportunity to meet with council members in the OAUG membership booth to share Oracle Support-related experiences and concerns. This helped us to understand your priorities, issues and suggestions so that we may discuss these topics during the council's monthly calls with Oracle Support.
- Plan to connect with the Customer Support Council for further discussion and targeted learning during COLLABORATE 17. Review the abstract for the educational session “Navigating My Oracle Support with the Customer Support Council,” and make a note to add this session to your conference itinerary once the schedule has been announced.
Advocacy on behalf of OAUG members:
Because the Customer Support Council has a strong working relationship with the My Oracle Support (MOS) team, the council is in a position to present the user/customer positions regarding support deadlines and MOS features that our members feel are valuable.
- Update to the E-Business Suite Lifetime Support Policy Dates, May 2016 (PDF file).
- Oracle Further Extends Premier Support Phase for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Customers, July 2016 (PDF file).
Information or resources requested by the council are also now available to OAUG members.
Read the September 2016 Support in Focus newsletter to learn more about:
- Using Hot Topics Email Notifications in My Oracle Support.
- E-Business Suite Security: Reference documents and Available Resources (Doc ID 2149625.1).
Download the Quick Reference Guide for Oracle Premier Support (PDF file).
Regular communication with members:
The CSC provides updates on our activities and attempts to share our progress with OAUG members. It is extremely important that the work of the CSC gets communicated so that you may help us to help you.
This quarterly Support in Focus newsletter and special editions are provided to keep members up to date on important announcements.
Grow your expertise using portal, service and product-based support accreditations from the Oracle Support Accreditation learning series. The portfolio of self-paced options offers a flexible, interactive way to enhance your knowledge and change your business with recommended best practices from our product experts.
Over 24,000 accreditations have been completed by Oracle customers and partners, with new accreditations every week!
Get started today: Oracle Support Accreditation Series Index, Doc 1583898.1.
With year-end quickly approaching, be sure to check out the Oracle Support Events Calendar for upcoming Oracle Applications advisor webcasts and other live training such as: EBS HCM: Updates for Year 2016 Oracle E-Business Suite Affordable Care Act (ACA) 1095-C Reporting on December 7.
For more information on the Oracle Get Proactive program and the many new offerings available, visit our new site to be informed and stay connected.
Do you have an inventive shortcut for creating and tracking SRs? Did you "Get Proactive" with any of Oracle's Proactive Support tools? Does your organization have a best-practice strategy for managing patches and updates?
Do you have questions about using Oracle Support Services? Need help with something in particular?
Consider sharing your experiences and best-practice stories with other OAUG members. Or let us know what information we can help you find. Send your tips, articles or questions to . You could be selected as a guest participant on a future OAUG Customer Support Council call to present your best-practice story or discuss your challenging scenario. And we'll publish your ideas and questions in our OAUG Support in Focus newsletter.