OAUG Announces Highlights from COLLABORATE 16 Conference for Oracle Users
ATLANTA – May 10, 2016 – The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), an independent, global, member-led organization that maximizes customers’ investment in Oracle and partner solutions, announced highlights from the successful COLLABORATE 16: Technology and Applications Forum for the Oracle Community conference that was held April 10-14, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Key highlights from the show include:
More than 5,500 attendees participated in 1,200 targeted Oracle educational sessions in 18 different educational tracks. The Women in Technology luncheon and panel discussion drew more than 550 participants;The Exhibitor Showcase highlighted more than 230 companies from the vendor community sharing new products and services to help attendees discover various ways to enhance their organization’s investments in Oracle products;
The following keynotes offered valuable information for attendees:
- Database Trends & Applications presented survey findings from “Trends & Technologies Facing Your Future,” an exploration of how cloud, mobility, security and big data/Internet of things are shaping decisions for today’s on-premises environments;
- Tim Vanderham, vice president - IBM Cloud Platform Development and Delivery, presented “From Science Fiction to Science Fact: How Cognitive Computing and Cloud Transform Your Business”;
- Boris Brott, opera and symphony conductor, presented a COLLABORATE 16 re-energize session;
- Shawn Price, senior vice president at Oracle, delivered a keynote focused on Oracle cloud updates.
The following received awards for their outstanding service to the OAUG and its members:
· OAUG Member of the Year: Bill Dunham, OATC, Inc., served as chair of the OAUG Geo and SIG Committee in 2015 and was instrumental in implementing new OAUG Board policies and procedures for all OAUG SIGs and GEOs
· OAUG Innovator of the Year: The City of Las Vegas collaborated with 3Di, Inc. to build a Citizen Engagement/Citizen Self-Service Mobile Application leveraging Oracle’s Mobile Application Framework;
· 2016 OAUG Ambassador Awards: Deidre Engstrom and Lauri Williams from Oracle EBS Proactive Support. Deidre Engstrom is a dynamic liaison between Oracle Support and the OAUG Customer Support Council, and Lauri Williams from Oracle EBS Proactive Support has worked with the OAUG to provide support personnel at each of the SIG meetings;
· OAUG Star Presenters: Chad Johnson of Polk County Florida and Sandra Vucinic of VLAD Group, Inc. Chad Johnson has been an active participant with the OAUG by presenting at events including OAUG Connection Point® – AppsTech Online, COLLABORATE and several eLearning webinars throughout the year. Sandra Vucinic has been an active participant with several OAUG Geos and SIGs including serving as board chair for the Upgrade SIG and an active participant in Northern California (NorCal) OAUG meetings.
“COLLABORATE 16 provided attendees with invaluable educational and networking opportunities in a variety of innovative ways for them to digest the very latest information on their Oracle Applications,” said Dr. Patricia Dues, president of the OAUG. “The care and dedication of all who worked to develop the conference programming and the opportunity for the OAUG to recognize our award winners made this year’s event exceptional.
COLLABORATE 16 was presented jointly by the Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG), the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) and Quest International Users Group (Quest).
About the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG)
Founded in 1990, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) is an independent, global, member-led organization that maximizes customers’ investment in Oracle and partner solutions. The organization serves as an advocate to Oracle for companies worldwide and represents users of Oracle Applications products including Oracle Applications Cloud, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Enterprise Performance Management (including Oracle Hyperion), Oracle’s Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management, Oracle Communications, Oracle Customer Experience Cloud, and others. The OAUG provides its members with education, networking and support via a wide range of activities and forums including conferences, online education, publications, special interest groups and social media. For more information about the OAUG, visit the website at oaug.org.
LinkedIn: OAUG Linkedin
Twitter: OAUG Twitter