Volume XVIII | Issue 4
OAUG Insight magazine has a new look for 2018. The recently launched, digital version brings you another way to read articles written by members about how they are resolving challenges and gaining efficiencies in their use of Oracle products. Everyone is invited to enjoy the spring 2018 preview edition.
OAUG members have exclusive access to the full editions of OAUG Insight magazine. Member organizations may still receive up to 10 print copies of each issue by mail. The digital version is available to anyone with a member login.
Individuals within member organizations can now select their subscription preferences: print, electronic or both. If you have not already done so, update your individual OAUG profile to let us know how you want to receive OAUG Insight magazine. Complete your profile update before April 15 to qualify to enter the drawing to win one of 50 Amazon gift cards.
Christine Hipp, OAUG President
Don’t get caught off guard. Change is coming quickly, bringing both risk and opportunity.
Attend COLLABORATE 18, April 22-26 in Las Vegas, to master them both, become a better employee and improve your organization. These headline-grabbing topics will be covered at COLLABORATE 18, kicking off April 22 in Las Vegas. (Hear from OAUG Director, COLLABORATE Agenda Chair and Oracle ACE Karen Brownfield why these issues matter.)
- Learn about EU General Data Protection Regulation and its data security implications so you’re in the position to help your company attain compliance. GDPR>
- In sessions on security in E-Business Suite or Cloud applications, learn to keep data secured and avoid waking up to find your organization making news for all the wrong reasons. Cloud Security>
- Imagine how emerging technologies such as Blockchain, AI, bots and more can make your company more agile and competitive. You can even get in on the ground floor as the OAUG Emerging Technologies Special Interest Group (SIG) holds its very first meeting. Be the one who brings the big new idea back to your organization! Emerging Tech>
- Incorporate these hot topics into your foundational education. Build your personal agenda from 1200+ sessions and events: All COLLABORATE Sessions>
COLLABORATE Kicks Off in UnderTwo Weeks! One- and Two-Day Passes Available
COLLABORATE 18 Advance Registration savings of up to $405 per person expire April 18. Groups of 4+ and conference alumni save even more. If you can’t commit to the full week, one- and two-day passes are available. Find the right package for you and your organization and register now so you don’t miss this once-a-year opportunity to gather with the global Oracle community for live instruction and idea sharing to maximize your technology. View Pricing & Register>
Big Data discovery hosted in the cloud is your gateway to the next! Learn more in this article from OAUG Insight magazine and preview other content from the spring issue.
Ed from Dish Network is the grand prize winner of a free pass to COLLABORATE 18! And, Michelle from Best Buy; Nigel from AZZ; Christine from Paychex; and Tom from Teradata Corporation each won a $250 Amazon gift card.
You can still win! Everyone who sets a new password and updates their OAUG profile by April 15 will be eligible to win one of fifty $10 Amazon gift cards. Learn more.
"How do I implement infrastructure, platform and applications in this brave new cloud world without messing it all up? … Based on my experience, there are three big ways you can make a cloud implementation fail…and there are specific steps you can take to make sure you succeed!” (More)
The OAUG would like to welcome the new members who joined in March:
- Dan D'Arcangelo
- Dana Corporation
- Edw C. Levy, Co.
- EVRAZ NA
- Frontera Consulting
- Invenergy LLC
- Jennifer Bailey
- Renata Kowalewska
- Samuel Woldeselassie
- Sangeeta Raswant
- Sridevi Katusri
- Vidorra Consulting Group
Solutions to EBS 12.2 Upgrade Performance Issues
A new whitepaper from Oracle’s EBS Technology Performance Group lists performance issues that may slow down your upgrade to E-Business Suite 12.2.
The 9 Top EPM Trends You Need to Know for 2018
In our 5th annual EPM trends survey, 89% said “staying current on technology” is the top benefit experienced with EPM in the cloud. While economic considerations are driving companies to the cloud, the benefits realized go far beyond cost savings. Download and read about the 9 EPM Cloud Trends you need to know for 2018.
How HCM, ERP Are Moving Things Forward in User Experience Design
Oracle is preparing to make a large investment in user experience design, so we’ve launched a new microsite to recruit designers. Check it out for a snapshot of some of the people behind Oracle’s design work. Also, on the blog: Learn about the latest in the Oracle HCM Cloud and ERP Cloud UX, see what our emerging tech team, The Apps Lab, has been up to. (More)
Focus on Professional Development with the OAUG Emerging Leaders and COLLABORATE 18
Build your network and achieve your career goals with the OAUG Emerging Leaders and helpful professional development sessions and events at COLLABORATE 18.
- Tuesday: Turbo Talks: Grow as a Professional and a Leader with the OAUG Emerging Leaders is a twenty-minute, interactive session that will help you grow your career and network.
- Wednesday: Join the Emerging Leaders for an hour of networking with peers and building connections with mentors while sample local brews with a beer tasting. RSVP for this event.
- All week: Add professional development sessions to your agenda and stop by the OAUG Membership Booth to receive a professional headshot and a LinkedIn profile consultation.
Need Approval? Use the Boss Kit
COLLABORATE education is a once-a-year live opportunity to interact with peers and experts to expand your knowledge, build your skill set and help your organization survive and thrive in a dynamic economy, whether your focus is maximizing current applications, navigating a path to the cloud or optimizing cloud applications. Need help convincing the boss? Use the Boss Kit to pair your COLLABORATE educational plan with the ROI worksheet, justification letter and attendee videos to make the case.
OAUG eLearning provides free live and recorded educational webinars for OAUG members. Members of the OAUG can attend upcoming webinars or access hundreds of recorded eLearning sessions any time through the OAUG eLearning Archive.
- Mutual Materials Eliminates Heavy IT Overhead on Reporting Tasks with Dynamic Excel-Based Access to Oracle Data
Wednesday, May 9, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. ET
- The 'Wow Factor" Behind Order Management and EBS R12 at a Jewelry Retailer
Thursday, May 10, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. ET
Interactive Vendor Awareness Session webcasts provide information about a variety of products and services that complement Oracle Applications. If your company is interested in hosting a session, please contact JC Sandel.
OAUG Geos and SIGs offer news from Oracle and educational opportunities all year long. To find your Geo or SIG, visit the OAUG’s User Communities page. Stay up to date on upcoming educational webinars, conference calls and face-to-face events on the Upcoming Events and Live Webinars page
- OAUG Cost Management SIG Presents: Case Study: How to Implement and Manage OPM PMAC Actual Costing and Remain Sane...
Tuesday, April 17, 2018, at 12:00 p.m. ET
- OAUG Analytics, BI and Big Data SIG: Oracle Analytics Roadmap & Strategy
Tuesday, April 17, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. ET
- Great Lakes Oracle Users Conference
Cleveland Public Auditorium, Cleveland, OH
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Gateway OAUG St. Louis Event
Ameristar Resort and Casino, St. Charles, MO
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Find upcoming educational opportunities, regional and virtual networking events, and special conference events on the Conferences and Events Calendar.