Advice for Rolling out Smartphone Applications for E-Business Suite
By: Ketan Thanki, Dynegy
Since mid-2014, Oracle has continued to release various smartphone applications that work with Oracle E-Business Suite. To date they have released 22 such applications. They are compatible and backported to work with EBS version 12.1.3. Most of the applications that Oracle has released are surrounding HCM, Financials, Supply Chain and Manufacturing modules. These applications come pre-licensed with the module of the application.
Some of the benefits of rolling out smartphone applications with EBS include:
- Making the applications and data available on a smartphone
- Additional User Interface option
- Making modules accessible to users in remote locations
- Shortening implementation cycles
- Accelerating the decision-making process by giving them access to data and taking action on exception type of transactions
- Low cost licensing and implementation
If you're considering deploying the smartphone applications that run with Oracle E-Business Suite in your organization, continue reading for tips and a short video.