The CSC will provide updates on localizations via this blog. In the meantime, there are helpful resources on the Oracle website.
The OAUG Customer Support Council participated in two sessions during COLLABORATE 18 concerning the issues and challenges that localizations present during the course of the E-Business Suite (EBS) life cycle. Also participating in the sessions were the OAUG Multi-National Special Interest Group (SIG), chaired by Hans Kolbe, and Oracle, represented by Brandy Robert and David Heisler. During the conference sessions, we were able to collect a variety of pain points that Oracle has agreed to address in the near future. Some of these include:
- Improvement of the documentation in the patching readme files as well as the implementation guide.
- EBS ugrades and new installation of localizations require the use of downtime mode in release 12.2.X
- The lack of user guides in languages other than English.
- Extending patch wizard to work with localization patching.
- Some localizations do not work well with others.
- Localizations sometimes override properly installed customizations.
- Many localization packs are not consistently cumulative and the documentation does not properly address this.
We welcome feedback from our user community via the Customer Support Council. Please provide your additional ideas or concerns by commenting here in this blog, or email.