ATLANTA – July 8, 2014
The Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG), the world's largest knowledgebase for Oracle Applications users, announced that it has released the results of an assessment survey conducted to explore the needs of Oracle Applications users.
The survey, conducted by the OAUG, covered a wide range of topics and was completed by 3,033 respondents from around the world, including current, former and prospective OAUG members. Their responses serve as a basis for program improvement and development in areas identified as having the most impact for members.
Key findings from the study include the following:
• 96 percent of respondents express satisfaction and would recommend the OAUG to other enterprises;
• The top four Oracle products used include Oracle E-Business Suite (83 percent), Oracle Hyperion (25 percent), Oracle Fusion Applications (16 percent) and Oracle's PeopleSoft (15 percent);
• The most highly rated aspects of belonging to the OAUG include sharing best practices/solutions; education and training; networking with others; staying up to date on tools for installing, configuring and maintaining Oracle products; and staying current with new product releases;
• Respondents' top challenges include staying current on patches, upgrades and new functionalities (50 percent), keeping up with new versions and modules (41 percent), finding quality training information or programs for new products (40 percent); and finding documentation for Oracle products (38 percent);
• The top social media sites used are LinkedIn (79 percent), YouTube (59 percent), Facebook (42 percent), Google+ (26 percent) and Twitter (23 percent);
• The top areas of improvement for OAUG membership are increasing the volume of "how-to" documentation and offering more training presentations.
"The results of this survey provide us with valuable information on how to further enhance the programs and services provided to our members," said Alyssa Johnson, president of OAUG. "Based on these findings, the OAUG board of directors and various committees are identifying strategic priorities and implementing short- and long-term plans to exceed member expectations and deliver quality service."
About Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG®)
Founded in 1990, the Oracle Applications Users Group (OAUG) provides the world's largest user knowledgebase for Oracle Applications users. The organization serves as an advocate to Oracle for companies worldwide and represents users of more than 65 Oracle Applications products including Oracle Cloud Applications, Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Hyperion, Oracle's Primavera EPPM, Oracle Communications, Oracle Customer Experience including Oracle CRM On Demand and Oracle's Siebel CRM, and others. The OAUG provides its members with education, networking and support via a wide range of activities and forums including conferences, publications, special interest groups and online communities. For more information about the OAUG, visit the website at oaug.org.