One of my favorite events at COLLABORATE is the OAUG Meeting of the Members. And a highlight of that event is the presentation of awards to our superstars – individuals and groups that serve the OAUG community with their outstanding contributions throughout the year.
Last evening, I had the great honor to recognize our 2017 winners (scroll to the end for the photo gallery):
2017 Oracle Ambassador
Dave Heisler, Oracle Senior Principal Technical Support Engineer
The OAUG Oracle Ambassador Award recognizes an Oracle employee who has made an outstanding contribution to the OAUG and its members. Among Dave's many contributions is his work on the Oracle E-Business Suite Functional Analyzers and the continuous development of new and more helpful analyzers for functional, technical and installation teams.
Certificates of Distinction
Each year, the OAUG recognizes its geographic (Geo) and special interest groups (SIG) that have achieved excellence in partnering with the OAUG. The groups receiving the Certification of Distinction award in 2017 are:
- Atlanta OAUG - Andrew Snyder, Coordinator
- Gulf Region OAUG - Austin Reason, Coordinator
- Michigan OAUG - Sue Maloney, Coordinator
- North Central OAUG - Janet Dahmen & Melissa Sider, Coordinators
- Northern California OAUG - Cynthia Enderlein, Coordinator
- Ohio Valley OAUG - Jon Riley, Coordinator
- Pittsburgh OAUG - Mark Wittkopp, Coordinator
- San Diego OAUG - Rob Gregg, Coordinator
- Southwest Regional OAUG - Brandon Behrstock & James Lui, Coordinators
- Texas-Louisiana OAUG - Susan Behn, Coordinator
- Cloud ERP SIG – Padam Bansal, Coordinator
- Configurator SIG – Vinay Kruttiventi, Coordinator
- Cost Management SIG – Douglas Volz, Coordinator
- E-Business Suite Applications Technology Stack SIG – Sandra Vucinic, Coordinator
- Enterprise Manager for Applications (EM4APPS) SIG – James Lui, Coordinator
- EPM/Hyperion SIG – Chuck Persky, Coordinator
- Multi-National SIG – Hans Kolbe, Coordinator
Special kudos go out to the OAUG Geo and SIG of the Year:
- North Central OAUG
- OAUG Multi-National SIG
STAR Presenter of the Year Award
The STAR Presenter of the Year Award recognizes OAUG members (who have made an outstanding contribution to the OAUG and its members via speaking engagements. Both winners presented outstanding sessions with high survey results at COLLABORATE 16 as well as virtual OAUG learning presentations.
- Doug Hahn, Invesco (User Member)
- Thomas Simkiss, Creoal (Associate Member)
2017 Innovator of the Year
Innovator of the Year Award recognizes an OAUG User Member organization that has demonstrated innovative and breakthrough techniques using the standard functionality of an Oracle Application.
Equinix created a corporate Performance Framework based on Oracle EPM solutions. The framework extends beyond the traditional Finance area to encompass the entire enterprise, where every business unit can track and measure performance.
The most innovative part of HSF implementation is its integration with ASO Reporting Cube - Typically, most customers implement HSF, which is integrated with 'Short term' Hyperion Planning applications and 'BSO Reporting Cube'. Equinix not only integrated with their 'Short term' Hyperion Planning applications, but designed and developed an innovative integration with ASO cube instead of conventional BSO cube.
Sandeep Reddy Enti, Oracle nominated Guru and author of "Getting Started with Oracle Hyperion Planning 11" accepted the award for Equinix.
2017 Member of the Year
The Member of the Year Award recognizes an individual within an OAUG Member organization who has made an outstanding contribution to the OAUG and its members. This Member of the Year demonstrates a high level of commitment to helping the OAUG better serve its members by supporting our initiatives of education, networking and influence.
The 2017 OAUG Member of the Year is Melissa Sider, AST Corporation .
Melissa has been a tireless volunteer for the OAUG, supporting the organization for many years. The following are just a few of her contributions:
- She wrote an article for the 2016 spring edition of OAUG Insight magazine about our Committees working for you.
- She successfully led the OAUG Meetings & Conferences Committee as chair for 2016, and has supported the Conference Committee in some fashion since 2012.
- She has done several marketing promotions for COLLABORATE for our voice-shot campaign.
- She has volunteered to provide customer testimonials on behalf of the OAUG.
- She continues to volunteer for other committees and task forces, such as leading the OAUG Collegiate Program task force.
- She works to expand support for the OAUG by searching for new volunteers to join committees.
- As a member, Melissa continues to drive her company's year-over-year membership participation as well as her company's participation in the exhibit hall for COLLABORATE.
- Melissa is supportive and offers advice on how to better tailor messaging and refine our COLLABORATE presence, enhance programming and ensure we are also driving the path to success.
- She is an amazing OAUG volunteer who never says no, and is one of our greatest evangelists.
Please join me in congratulating Melissa on her award and thanking her for her tremendous contributions to the OAUG.